It’s week two of my progress blogs for my painting progress in December, and this week has been incredibly slow. I think, because I’ve put a lot of my time and energy into trying to sort out my backlog of projects and whatnot, I’ve not actually managed to do a great deal of anything with the current plans! But still, let’s see what I have been up to…
The Chaos Cultists have had some highlights put on them – I’ve also started work on the Cult Witch, using one of the new Rogue Psyker models from Blackstone Fortress. They’re coming along really well, even if I do say so myself, and even if I’m not exactly steaming through them all, I’m really enjoying painting them.
I’ve been digging around in the backlog again, and have found a couple of things that I’d like to add to the current roster, but I’m trying not to get too much stuff bogging me down again. There are a few more Cultists though that I think I might be interesting enough to paint, so I’ll see if I’m feeling adventurous!
I’ve been able to prime some miniatures after the weather was fine and dry at the end of last week, though, so that was a real boon. So the Grey Knights that I’d built up are now covered in Chaos Black, plus a bit of a surprise mini that I’ve built!
I’m not going to labour the point on this new project just yet, but I’ll soon be featuring some more on the daemons, so stay tuned for that!
I’ve also been able to prime the Necron Immortals that were built recently, so I’m hoping to get them painted up pretty quickly as I’ve got a 1000-point game on Thursday and I’ve got four squads of Immortals in the list (but only three painted in the new scheme). So I’m throwing all of my attention at them, right now, and we’ll see if I can get anywhere further with the Cultists while I’ve got some Leadbelcher on the palette!
Definitely a slower week, but I’m hopeful that next week I’ll have more!